Lightwave 38 Powercat - "Charisma"
Compellingly attractive in her handling, 'Charisma' is a breeze to navigate around the Whitsundays. Featuring 2 queen size cabins, 1 double cabin, a small single berth located in the port side queen cabin plus the saloon can be utilised as another single berth, giving ample space for all on board. The starboard queen cabin has its own ensuite while portside is a generous full-size bathroom. The saloon and galley are both located in the middle of the boat up from the cabins and the use of space is both efficient and attractive. The cockpit and flybridge areas provide a great space to entertain and relax whilst cruising in style around the magnificent Whitsunday islands. The BBQ located in the cockpit is perfect for cooking up a feast after a day exploring. Very popular in summer as she is air-conditioned and her shallow draft makes her the perfect choice for Power boat hire in the tropical waters of the Whitsundays.
Go bareboating and discover a holiday the kids will talk about for many years to come.
Lessons and Tips
We had a great holiday with Cumberland (CCY). Their service and professionalism were fantastic.
I have some tips for other punters that may help make the best holiday you will ever have, even better!
1. Pack light - you will only wear swimmers during the day.
2. Don't worry about the weather - It is balmy and warm most of the year round.
It is so warm that the kids spent most of the day snorkeling and swimming - giving you time to relax!
3. Listen carefully to barefoot sailing advice provided.
We did and had no problems. Others obviously didn't - as one night we noticed the yacht moored in front of us was only meters away. They were dragging anchor and had moored too close to us anyway. We were first time novice sailors and we gave them some advice about anchoring.
4. Radio CCY if in doubt - on the second day our tender stopped working (a very rare occurrance as the equipment is well maintained). Once we returned CCY told us that it was only a bush in the propellor and if we had told them about it they would have come out to us to fix it.
5. Take underwater cameras - there is so much to see underwater you will want to take photos.
6. Take fishing gear or hire some - the kids had a great time fishing every night.
7. Don't rush - don't try to do too much. You will not see the whole of the whitsundays in a 2 week holiday.
We would recommend Cumberland to anyone wanting a unique adventure holiday that is as strenuous or relaxed as you want it to be.
Don't say 'someday' - it never comes. Book it today, you won't be disappointed!
Chartered Perry 43 4 Cabin 18/09/2010