Be Pest Free During Your Bareboat Charter 11:42am, Tue 18 Sep 2018
The Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest World Heritage area, with the status helping protect more than just the reef and marine life itself, it also includes the islands many of which are further protected as national parks.
A pest hiding in your luggage that you being on board your bareboat charter might seem harmless, but even the small pests, including plants, can pose a bug threat to our world heritage listed islands.
Here are 6 ways you can help keep the Whitsundays pest free:
Before you visit
1. Clean out your luggage and all its compartments when packing it in preperation for your trip. You never know, there could be grass seeds or insects such as ants and spiders that have decided to call your luggage 'home' while it's been stored between holiday trips.
2. Ensure your clothes are seed free before you explore an island ashore. Don't forget to check your socks, pockets and items that have velcro on them.
3. Ensure no rodents, toads or those pesky house gecko's are hiding anywhere on equipment or supplies before heading ashore.
4. Sorry - but pets aren't allowed on our bareboats and they aren't permitted in national parks so they'll have to stay at home for this reason.
5. Stay on marked walking tracks to avoid spreading weeds.
6. Always clean up before you move from one island to the next.
Cumberland Charter Yachts are an Eco-accredited tourism business with a primary focus on ensuring our guests are experiencing the Whitsundays fostering environmental and cultural understanding, appreciation and conservation. Help us to keep the Whitsundays pest free and beautiful for many generations to come.
Book Now Enquire Pricing and Availability Vessel Fleet
Cumberland Charter Yachts is an award-winning company providing exceptional holiday experiences, leaving customers with a lifetime of memories that exceed all expectations.